The Cross Country Program is perfect for athletes looking to stay in shape, begin running for the first time, and have fun running with a team. We have teams and coaches that allow athletes to grow from group to group depending on their individual goals! If you’re just looking to stay in shape or get faster this summer – this program is a great fit. We have separate groups for Grade School, Middle School, and High School.
Running as a Team
Athletes can compete on a team or as an individual in a traditional run 7 score 5 system. This allows athletes to participate against the clock while also helping score points for their team. There are numerous events throughout the fall that allow athletes to compete and courses all over Colorado’s Front Range.
Athletes have numerous opportunities to compete in the fall cross country program. Whether they are looking to enter in an occasional race just for fun, compete on a team or strive for the Junior Olympics we support and encourage it all. The Colorado State Junior Olympics Cross Country program is a growing and vibrant program that allows athletes an opportunity to compete as a team or an individual in local, state, regional, and national competitions. In the last 5 years we have take individuals and teams to Nationals racking up 8 All-American finishes in that time – including the 2016 13-14 Girls National Champions! Come join us!
More than just racing
Endurance and stamina make every athlete better. This means more field time, and better endurance later in the game If you’re a soccer, lacrosse, or football player – running will help take you further. You need not worry if you’ve never run more than a mile, we have the groups to take you further. We build athletes through drills, endurance runs, strength training, and team building. Athletes can attend as many or as few practices as they’d like. Traditionally, athletes have found 3-4x a week with 1 day of strength, and 1 structured workout day have helped propel their fitness to new levels.
Grade School/ Beginners
Wondering if your 8yr old boy or girl would fit in here? Absolutely! Our Development program is all about developing structure, as well as self confidence, and fitness. Through deliberate play, and run focused games, and adventures we help kids get running without even knowing it! We will introduce them to every corner of the sport from road races, track running, and trail running adventures. This summer get your kids running – they won’t regret it!
Monday: 5-6pm Trail Run
Wednesday: 5-6pm Track Workout
Friday: 5-6pm Trail Run
*Tuesday strength training options for most age groups
All trail runs are in the Golden/ Lakewood area
- $150 Monthly
- $150- Practice Punch Card (10 visits)
- $275 – Fall Session
Schedule of Events
- 9/16 * Colorado Coyotes Cross Country Invitational, Centennial
- Meet info here https://bit.ly/2P5Ku3q
- 9/23 Golden Gallop 5K, 10K, Fun Run
- Information here http://goldengallop.com/
- 9/25 Runners Roost Cross Country Invitational, Chatfield State Park
- Meet info here https://bit.ly/2LAHZ7q
- 10/6 * Boulder Mountain Warriers Cross Country Challenge, Boulder
- Meet info coming soon
- 10/7 Grizzly Growl 5K, 1K
- Information here https://bit.ly/2og9fyI
- 10/13 * Panther Cross Country Invitational, Parker
- Meet info here https://bit.ly/2BSbzW
- 10/20 Colorado Cross Country Middle School Championship, Fehringer Ranch Park, Denver
- Please note that the registration for this race CLOSES on 10/7. Be sure to read meet information carefully. http://co.milesplit.com/meets/303759/info#.W4RX8_ZFzIU